Monday, July 13, 2009

Planetstrike thoughts

I played my first game of Planetstrike Saturday. It was a team matchup - two to a side with 1850 per player. I played 'Nids and my teammate played nurgle chaos marines, we matched up against Dark Angels and Eldar. I hope to get pictures posted in the future.

From the outset I really liked the concept of the game mechanics, nothing better than having an attacker and defender with different force organization charts, however I think it is important not to go into playing Planetstrike that this is a finely tuned and balanced set of rules - it is not. That does not mean that it isn't fun, because it is. You just need to think of Planetstrike as a formalized means to play some really cool narrative games. Also I believe that the supplement can benefit from your own house rules depending on how your gaming group plays

No comments: